Thursday, August 2, 2012

Easy Beans.

Gail here, with another crockpot recipe.

This is a healthy, cheap, and easy recipe. It's one of my personal favorites and I grew up eating this at my grandparent's home.

You need
1 - bag of large limas, small limas, any white bean of your choice.
1 - yellow or white onion, chopped or pureed
Salt and pepper

Soak the dry beans over night in a bowl of water. It helps release the gas in the beans. In the morning, rinse the beans and place in the crockpot. Place onion and cover with the beans and onion mixture with water. Salt and pepper to taste. Cook on low for 7-8 hours.

To give the beans more flavor you add some country ham, a piece of salt pork, or bacon. I've fixed it all three way and it has come out delicious with the all of them, but I prefer ham or bacon.

This is my actual pot of beans that I made today. YUM. I used Canadian Bacon today and it was delicious.




No comments:

Post a Comment